We have happy, healthy, proven broodmares with excellent dispositions available for emergency service to orphan foals. Our mares are not bred and do not produce the “throw away foal”.
Bottlefeeding vs. Nurse Mare Costs
- Feedings are every 2-3 hours
- Foal needs constant companionship in order to thrive.
- Prone to bad habits owing to anxiety and loneliness.
- Health Problems such as: Colic, ulcers, impactions and depression.
- Behavior problems making them difficult to handle and train.
- Most Importantly: Foals will lack the much needed experience of bonding with their species which is psychologically beneficial.
What Drives Us
ColdSpring Nurse Mares provides an innovative and vital service to the equine community while also bringing awareness and action to the problem of equine over population.
Bronwyn has 30+ years experience in the horse industry, starting from birth as she was born and raised on a working horse farm in rural southwest Virginia. She grew up doing both 4-H and Pony Club and since 2004 has been a professional groom in the 3 Day Eventing world and has groomed at all major 3 Day events in America and Canada including Rolex/Land Rover Three-day Event in Kentucky 7 different times. “Grooming at a 5* is the Grammys in the event world for us grooms. To be able to go on 7 different occasions has been an incredible achievement in my life.”